Scalzi did this a few weeks ago and invited his readers to chime in. I figured I'd just do one on my blog instead. First, ranking the seasons.
Autumn has been my favorite season for as long as I can remember. Summer has become a close enough second as I entered adulthood. Winter was my favorite when I was a kid because snow but once I reached a point where it was more of a inconvenience than a fun thing, it dropped.
Spring has never really appealed to me, probably because we don't get much of one in Chicago. We get a winter that overstays its welcome, followed by a few weeks of rain and then we usually get a hot, humid summer.
Okay now for my months. In order (sorta) from best to worst:
- October: Halloween. Sweater weather. Foliage.
- September: Taste of Polonia, cool weather with hot days.
- May: My birthday, Polish Constitution Day.
- December: I'll go with the holidays and winter doesn't seem as cold
- November:Thanksgiving in the US.
- June: summer arrives but many are still in school taking finals
- July:Independence Day plus weeks of illegal fireworks.
- August: Dog Days lead to May babies
- January: It's always dark, cold and boring.
- February: Winter's Asshole Month
- March: Sometimes Easter ergo I hate it too.
- April: I hate this month for many reasons I needn't go into.
Feel free to add your rankings in the comments.
Post a Comment
Comments Encouraged! And the nice thing about this blog is that I rarely get spam so don't need to moderate the comments.
I've set the comments up to allow anonymous users -- but I'd love it if you "signed" your comments (as some of my readers have done) just so you have an identity of sorts.