To say I'm losing faith is an understatement. I know I've blown a few interviews, but it doesn't seem mathematically possible to have blown them all so badly that no one will take a chance on me.
To be sure, there have been 5 places this year alone that should have taken me on, based on my experience alone. Two were even contract gigs which would be low risk if it didn't work out.
- There were interviews given by people who don't know how to conduct an interview.
- There were interviews where the role described did not match the job description given.
- There was a job interview where one of the interviewer was drinking wine.
- There was a job interview where the interviewer was wearing an ill-fitting T-shirt.
- There was a job interview where the interviewer picked his nose.
In my field, there are a few options. I can work for a law firm and be a Widget Engineer. They might call it something different. If I'm lucky, I can find another Audit or non-law firm company that uses the No-Name Software. Finally, the last option is to work for one of the consulting firms that get hired for short-term implementation or upgrade projects.
And I'm so ANGRY. Angry that my Office Nemesis is still employed there. Angry that he was allowed to bully and harass me with no repercussions.
You'll find funny, informative links and interesting pictures. Don't worry, your Facebook feed won't get overwhelmed.