I'm writing these entries as they happen and as I have time to jot things down but I may not publish until months from now (or ever). Note: This post was written when the events were still fresh. I waited for a while to post this because I didn’t want to risk my job-hunting efforts.
I heard back from the recruiter today. They want to offer me a contract position that could transition into FTE if I gel with the team. They are also offering me less than we initially discussed.
On the one hand, I have the luxury of being able to take $50/hr and not worry about making the rent. On the other hand, the Job Description has not changed. So they are trying to get Prime Rib at Pub Burger prices.
Update from the future: The recruiter, who is jaunting around Europe right now came back with the following:
We are still getting some ducks in a row, but these are the details being discussed:
6-month contract (with option to promote to full-time after 3 months)
40 hours per week (minus holidays)
Exclusively working for us, but this is our preference (J thinks he will be able to keep you busy 😊)
I should know more on Monday.
The exclusive thing is because I asked about taking on a side gig if the work was anything like the contract job I had 2 years ago where I literally just earned money by pushing a button every hour. It's telling that they don't want me to do anything like that even if it wouldn't interfere.