Yesterday Boris was coughing badly and we decided to keep him home from school. In keeping with the twin tradition, we kept Natasha home too. They are only in Second Grade so they aren't missing anything important and it eliminates the after-school pickup.
Today the Mid-South is experiencing cold weather and expecting Ice Storms. The Powers-That-Be made the call last night to cancel school. So another day with Moose and Squirrel at home, full of energy but not able to go outside and burn it, at least until the snow arrives.
[For anyone new to MOL, I fluctuate between referring to my kids as either Moose and Squirrel in the general sense, or Natasha and Boris when being specific.]
One particular day when we had to leave on a trip and were down to the wire because that's how we roll, Nightingale bent the door such that it made it harder to close subsequently. I finally had to surrender and get a new door and opener. $5000.
So the timeline is Precision came and looked at the door on 10/12/22 and ordered me a new one. Like everything it takes 6-8 weeks. It actually was available the week we were in Chicago for Thanksgiving. Since we had already waited over a month, what was another week. I scheduled them to come to install on December 1st as that was an easy date to remember and would push back the balance payment another month, or so I thought.
It turns out, the person who came to look at the door failed to notice that one side of the garage entry was lower so when the installer put in the new door, there is a gap. The installer said that they would have to order some new panels that would hide the gap better.
|That white is the outside light|
He asked if I wanted to pay the balance now or after the Gap Remediation. Guess which I choose.
He also said something about grounding the concrete as well, but he didn't go into detail. His manager was supposed to call me which never happened and I was not in a hurry to remind them that I exist still owing them $2500.
We finally got a text yesterday asking me to call and schedule the installation. As I'm in no hurry to shell out more money, I scheduled for next Wednesday, as the weather will be in the 50s again.